The Four Secret Languages of Prospects
This 14-pg guide from the work of the Tom Schreiter, aka “Big Al,” provides an easy-to-read overview of four personality types categorized as colors: Red, Yellow, Blue and Green, and offers keen insights as to how to effectively communicate with a prospect based on his or her personality type.
Buffers + Easy Exits
Excerpted from Networking Times Magazine, this 1-pager contains quick communication scripts for connecting with others based on several common scenarios you may encounter.
Read: Buffers & Easy Exits
How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships
by Leil Lowndes
Mc-Graw Hill, 2003
Learn how to:
- Make an unforgettable entrance and meet the people you want to meet
- Sound like an insider in any crowd, no matter how little you have in common
- Use body language to captivate audiences of all sizes
- Work a party the way a politician works a room
- Always come across confident, credible, and charismatic wherever you are
The Zen of Listening: Mindful Communication in the Age of Distraction
by Rebecca Z. Shafir
Quest Books, 2012
Learn how simply focusing intently on a speaker improves the relationship, increases attention span, and helps negotiating skills. Learn the great barricades of misunderstanding, find out how to listen to ourselves, discover how to listen under stress, and boost our memory. This is a fun and practical guide filled with simple strategies to use immediately to enjoy our personal and professional lives to the fullest.